Monday, August 11, 2008

To step down?? To take over??

YOU DON'T HAVE TO READ THIS POST.



I've been thinking of this issue quite a time. What is a good leader?? Am i a good leader?? Or am i considered a leader?? What skills do a capable leader has??

Well, i may emphasize more on this topic next time. erh, i join a few clubs that im so interested with in the school, and every mid year will be the annual general meetings, which all the seniors will step down and a new bunch of young bloods will take over (mostly form 4). Yes, im form 4 this year, and its just around the middle of the year now. Therefore, i got through most of my clubs' agm and i took over a few posts.

I can say, to lead is to serve. I learned how to lead in different clubs. Be it discipline unit, sports club, young enterprise and even charity organisations.

I got elected and I'm now the incoming president of leo club. You may think its nice, its great, its fun. Even myself have that feeling few months ago. But things started to change and i wonder if im the right person for this position. If i were to list all the problems im facing in this club, gosh, how long may this post be?!

The overwhelmed pressure is here. From the moment i've been elected, i know i got a lot to do. From restructing the club, motivating the members, to bringing back the glories end even to greater heights.

All of my term's directors are inexperienced. Even three of us, the key officers are like an idiot, being always the last few to know something, zero knowledge to finish our tasks. I never see my dear Rong Zhi is so serious, only until he, being the secretary, i know that he is a real gentleman. (haha, i praise you till like that!! XD) Treasurer, haha, i got a little disappointed with you honestly. I HAVE TO TELL YOU THIS!!! I dont want problems to get worse.

Things never go as we expected sometimes. Or i can say everytime!!! I'm getting frustrated. With the lacklustre attitude around, how can we serve the needy, the community, not to mention to grab some awards during the next Leo Forum???

I cant run a club by myself. I need manpower. At this moment, i know im the worst leader. I usually tell ppl to do their job personally and of course with a good and soft tone. I never think of you guys respect, but at least finish the task i pass to you. 95% of my BODs give me the same feeling. *okay okay* *lol, why me?* *what?? no need so fast do one larh* *what i have to do har??* I got scolded most of the time. I truly understand your feelings, but do you all ever think of mine?? It doesn't matter, but what's the most important is at least you please finish up things you should have done.

Fine, i've made myself a decision and i got myself a plan. Now, i pledge to improve in five months. ( In every aspects!!) If it continues like the situation right now, i will resign in December and let the more capable ones to take over. I dont think im giving up, if i really cant make things better, my leadership skills are really questionable, thus, stepping down may be the best way.







*I will not publish any comments i've been given for this post.*

No comments: